Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 2: Putting It Out There

So, I can't even believe I am doing this right now. But, I have decided that in order to be successful, I have to be honest with myself. SO, I'm posting my "before" photo for all the world to see. *runs and hides in the bathroom* I can't even tell you how difficult it is for me to post this, considering I have huge problems even grasping the fact that I'm "overweight". Ugh! What an ugly, brutal word. You know what's an even worse word??? OBESE. Yes, ladies (and possibly gents), no longer are the days of basking in even the idea of being just 20lbs. overweight, but as soon as the doctor pulls out her chart and shows you that you're in the "obese" category, you know shits about to go down (even if laxatives have something to do about it). "But how could this be?", I thought. So I'm a little past the halfway mark to 200lbs... this seems impossible. Okay, deep breath. So, I'm technically *whispers* obese.. So, what? Whether I'm considered overweight or obese, all I know is that this girl has got to buckle down and start working that unwelcomed fat off. I want to stamp that weight with a big ol' red "FINITO" "DONE" "YOUUUURR OUTTA HERE!" So, the first step in making that change is to show myself the truth and put it out there.


Ouch. Pure shame. It's like staring at Kirstie Alley somewhere between "Cheers" and "It Takes Two". Alright, enough. MOVING ON. I'm wiping my hands clean of this.

You know what's beautiful about putting this out there? That I know someday - not tomorrow, or next week, or even next month - I'm gonna have a healthy, fit, dare-I-say enviable? body to display. And giiirl, I'm gonna not only post that image on my blog, but WEAR it, LIVE it, and BREATHE a fresh new breath of healthiness.

4 comments:

  1. You sweet sweet love! You are beyond an inspiration. What a gift you give the world by pouring out your heart and soul. I didn't think I could love you any more than I did at PSU (most especially in the "coming out" movie we filmed), but you have outdone yourself with this blog. Do you mind if I become your biggest fan?

    Love, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Emma!!! I would be honored if you were my biggest fan! I wouldn't be able to find the courage to do this without my amazing friends to support me :) Love you so much girl!!! p.s. I need to revisit that "coming out" video. You should have won an Oscar for taking on that role! haha I miss us girllsss

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have GOT to read the book "Women Food and God" by Geneen Roth!!! It will change your life!! (It changed mine!!!:) Oprah recommended it as the ultimate answer to weight issues. (Btw, you have nothing to be ashamed about!! You're beautiful and you look great!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank so much Annabel :) You're the sweetest! I will definitely check that book out!

    ReplyDelete